Easier Than Stir-Fry Chicken
Mix chicken with soy sauce, ginger, mustard and jelly, then bake, Serve over rice.
- 3 chicken breast halves or thighs
- Half a small onion about 1/3 cup minced
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice and pulp of one orange or lemon
- 1/2 cup jelly plum, apricot, crabapple, etc.
Preheat oven to 475.
Skin and bone the chicken pieces and tear or cut into bite size chunks.
Make a sauce of the remaining ingredients, then mix in the chicken, coating
all the pieces. Let stand until the oven is heated. Put the chicken and
sauce in a flat glass dish large enough to hold the pieces of chicken
without overlapping. Cook uncovered about 10-12 minutes.
Serve over rice.