Rice Salad with Chicken and Black Beans
This rice salad with chicken and black beans makes a great summer lunch.
- 1 cup rice, cooked wild rice blend is good
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 15- oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or mint
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, then taste and adjust the amount of onion, cheese, basil, lemon juice, etc. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers are great the next day too.