I would have taken a picture but this was getting eaten about as fast as I could make it! Hard to guess on quantities so take the following as guidelines rather than a rules. For about 12 slices from a small baguette:
- 4 – 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbs capers chopped (or use some black olives)
- 12 thin slices from a French bread baguette
Mix the cream cheese and the basil.
Mix together the tomatoes, onion and capers.
Lay the slices of bread out on a cookie sheet and broil until lightly toasted on one side. Flip the pieces over and spread the cream cheese over the untoasted slices. Put back under the broiler a minute until softened. Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mix.