These always get eaten about as fast as I can make them so it’s hard to find time to snap a picture!
You can be flexible on quantities so take the following as guidelines rather than a rules.
Sometimes I add black olives and if you don’t have capers, you can just use black olives. Something salty basically. Or you could skip them.
Bruschetta with Capers and Cream Cheese
With capers and cream cheese, this bruschetta is always a hit!
- 4 – 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 -2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbs capers chopped and/or use some chopped black olives
- 12 thin slices from a French bread baguette
- Mix the cream cheese and the basil together.
- Mix together the tomatoes, onion and capers.
- Lay the slices of bread out on a cookie sheet and broil until lightly toasted on one side. Flip the pieces over and spread the cream cheese over the untoasted slices. Put back under the broiler a minute until softened. Top each slice with a spoonful of the tomato mix.
[…] appetizers, I put out some chips and salsa, always easy. I also made up some bruschetta on toasted baguette slices and some crackers with a bit of cream cheese topped with a chipotle […]