My neighbors returned from Italy with a package of pasta and some good olive oil for me. What a treat! I used them both in this recipe.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts or tenders, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15-oz can artichoke quarters, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or a few Tbs of dried
- 12 ounces corkscrew or similarly-shaped pasta
Cook the pasta according to directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes, until browned. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add wine, salt, pepper, and artichokes. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook about 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cooks.
Turn the heat off and stir in the cheese and basil. Serve over the cooked pasta or toss it all together if you’d rather.0