But some folks might prefer a plainer version and this was good, just not with the flavors I’ve become accustomed to. I made it because I was out of coconut. So this is a good plain banana bread recipe. And if you prefer a bread to muffins, just bake it longer, about 50-60 minutes rather than the 20-25 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas, mushed up a bit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In your mixer, mix together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and mix well. Cream everything together 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture. (If you like nuts in your banana bread, stir in 1 cup chopped nuts after adding the flour mix.)
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake about 25 minutes, until done in the center. (They will still look moist because of the banana.)
I used these Silicone Baking Cups for the first time and am in love! The muffins came out of the liners totally easily and the cleanup was a snap! Much easier than paper liners that often seem very attached to the muffins or the cleaning up the muffin tins. I’m a convert!