My eldest is home from college for the summer. She cooks a fair bit for herself at school but beef is not high on the list so it is always something she requests when home. We saw a picture of teriyaki beef skewers in a magazine and she asked if I’d fix those for dinner one night. In the past, I’ve made a teriyaki sauce that was quite good but I got lazy and just bought a bottle of sauce this time. Kikkoman was the brand.
I bought a flank steak, one of our favorite cuts. They used to be cheap! But they are still good.
Beef Teriyaki Skewers
- 1 flank steak
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- wooden skewers soaked 30 minutes in water
- Slice the steak against the grain at an angle so you have strips about 1" wide and 1/3" thick.
- Marinate the steak strips in the teriyaki marinade about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers while preheating the grill.
- Grill about 2-3 minutes on each side, until done to your liking. They'll cook quick since they are thin!
I served this with plain white steamed rice and tomatoes sliced and dressed with a bit of olive oil and some basil and salt.
[…] I wanted a quick dinner that used up some leftovers. I had some leftover flank steak teriyaki from the other night and thought I’d do a quick stir-fry, made easier with this refrigerator […]