I’ve made another broccoli and cauliflower salad recipe several times and everyone loves it. For the recent grad party, I wanted a larger salad and found this one in Desperation Entertaining!, a great book for party recipes.
This recipe has no cheese and the dressing is not as sweet. I like them both; they’re just different. I think next time I might try a combo of the two, keeping the celery but adding some sugar and vinegar to the dressing of the new (to me) one.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Redux
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut in bite size pieces
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 ribs celery, chopped about 1 cup
- 1 small onion, diced about 1 cup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the bacon, drain it and crumble it.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, celery and onion to a large serving dish and stir. In a smaller bowl, stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and salt and well blended.
- Stir the dressing into the vegetables. Add most of the bacon and stir in, then top the salad with the rest of the bacon crumbles.