You could make this Corn and Black-Eyed Pea Salad with almost any canned bean I think. I like black-eyed peas but sometimes they can be tricky to find where I live. What’s good is all the crunch of the vegetables with the dressing. Play around as needed!
The recipe is from A Gracious Plenty. I didn’t do anything to change it up as it seemed perfect as it was written! Oh, I did add some leftover grilled corn that I sliced off the cob.
Corn and Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 1 15- oz can corn, drained
- 1 15- oz can black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ~~~~~~~~ DRESSING ~~~~~~~~~
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Put the corn, peas, celery , bell pepper and green onions in a bowl and toss together.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a jar, put the lid on and shake it up.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix together. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour, stirring now and then.