- French Dip Sandwiches
- Stir-fried vegetables
- Salad with Green Goddess dressing
I have a good French dip recipe, which when I searched for just now I realized I had never posted… But when I was at the grocery store they had the little packets of au jus powder stuff on sale and I decided to try it. I have to say, the flavor was actually better in my earlier recipe, but this was good. Just not great. And I’d guess the earlier version was cheaper, even with this stuff on sale. It had a bunch of soy sauce in it, as I recall.
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 pound or so rump roast or something similar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet au jus sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups or more beef broth
- Put the roast in the crockpot and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion, powder, salt and pepper. Mix together the au jus powder and wine and pour over the roast. Add beef broth until it’s covering most of the roast.
- I cooked on high for 6 hours. I’d guess you could cook on low for 10 hours and it would be good as well. Take the roast out and sliced it as thinly as possible, then put it back in the broth until dinner.
- Put slices of the roast on a French roll and serve with a small bowl of the juices.
Updated to add that the other Crockpot Rump Roast for French Dip recipe is here.
[…] I may throw the leftovers in the bit of beef broth from the rump roast tonight and make up a bit of beef veggie […]