Making homemade granola is certainly much cheaper than the boxes at the grocery store. Plus you can add any dried fruit you like and flavor it as desired.
If you want to make a smaller recipe, try this Small Batch Granola, which will make about a quart and so fits nicely in a quart mason jar or bag.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup honey or corn syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbs salt optional
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, coconut, and wheat germ in a large bowl and mix.
- Blend water, oil, honey or corn syrup, vanilla, and salt in a separate bowl and mix.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread out on two greased cookie sheets and bake 55 minutes. Store in covered container.