This is from one my all-time favorite cookbooks, Let’s Eat In Quick and Delicious Weekday Meals, only available used on Amazon apparently. It’s quite a bargain at a penny!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or mixture of beef, pork, and veal
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, divided
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley or half that dried
- 2 Tbs mustard
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bacon, cut in 1.5″ lengths
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the bacon and 3/4 cup of the bread crumbs and spread in a 9×9 baking dish. Smooth the top.
- In a food processor or by hand chop the bacon into small pieces and combine with the reserved crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the meatloaf.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let sit a few minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Leave a Reply