This is a great easy side dish. Some people add anchovy paste to it but we like it plain.
It is also nice topped with some fresh minced parsley.
Olio e Aglio Pasta (Angel Hair with Oil and Garlic)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 large cloves of garlic minced
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the water for the pasta in a large pot. Add some salt. When the water boils and you add your pasta, stir it quickly so it doesn't stick, then set the timer according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium low heat. Add the minced garlic to the oil. Do not overheat or the garlic will taste bad. You just want it softened and warmed. Once it's softened, remove the pan from the heat or turn it way down low.
- Drain the pasta. Mix with the oil and garlic and top with grated Parmesan cheese.