My girls got to go to Florida recently, to help celebrate their grandparents’ 60th anniversary. They went to a Red Lobster restaurant while there and loved the Cheddar Biscuits, among other things. We used to go now and then when they were little but don’t have one nearby anymore. My eldest asked if I could try the copycat recipe I have in cookbook I was sent to review a few years ago, America’s Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family’s Favorite Restaurants. I did and we liked them!
You don’t have to use Bisquick, of course. Just mix up your favorite biscuits and add some cheese.
Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
for the biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
for the topping
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Mix the baking mix, milk and Cheddar cheese just until mixed.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Drop the baking mix in large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. You should have about 10 biscuits.
- If any have really pointy tops, smoosh them down a bit so those don't get overcooked.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until cooked through and the tops are lightly browned.
- Mix the melted butter and garlic powder together, then brush over the tops of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with the parsley and serve.
I would use the recipe I have here https://cheapcooking.com/Recipes/easy-cheese-drop-biscuits.htm and add the butter, garlic powder and parsley after baking.
How do you make this without the biscuit mix?