Dinner tonight is Sherried Beef Sirloin Tips. I’m making with a half a London Broil. I don’t use canned or packaged items very often but this is quite good and easy. The recipe is from Mom’s Updated Recipe Box. (Available used on Amazon for 50 cents– a real bargain!)
Sherried Beef Sirloin Tips
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 15- oz can cream of mushroom soup or make your own[https://cheapcooking.com/homemade-cream-soup-base/]
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a casserole dish mix together everything but the sour cream, if using.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 1 hour, then turn the oven down to 300 and bake another 1-2 hours.
- Check periodically to make sure there's still some liquid and add more water if necessary. The liquid should be simmering gently the whole time.
- Cook the egg noodles just before serving.
- Stir the sour cream in and serve over cooked egg noodles.
This is an easy “throw together” dinner since you don’t need to brown the meat first. If your casserole dish doesn’t have a lid, just cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Leave a Reply