I made this lemon rice to go with the Persian Chicken I made the other day. I made this in my rice cooker but you could easily adapt to the stove. However, if you like rice, a rice cooker is a great appliance! And a great resource for rice cooker recipes is The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook : 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker. Do any of you have other rice cooker cookbooks to recommend? I’m eager to learn more.
Slightly Lemon Rice
- 1 cup basmati or other long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 Tbs lemon zest
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the rice once or twice th
- Rinse the rice once or twice, then put in the rice cooker bowl withe chicken broth and stir gently. Add the garlic clove on top. (You'll remove it before eating.) Turn your rice cooker on or cook your rice on the stove.
- When the rice is done, stir in the lemon zest, butter, and parsley, and let steam another 10 minutes.