Thanks to my sister-in-law for this great bean salad recipe. The celery and green pepper add some nice crunch and the dressing is just right.
Linda’s Four Bean Salad
This recipe from my sister-in-law has become my go-to bean salad recipe. It’s got the perfect combination of crunch with sweet and sour dressing.
- 1 15- oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15- oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 15- oz can wax beans, drained
- 1 15- oz can cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients and stir gently. Refrigerate a few hours before serving, overnight is even better.
Sometimes for a change, I add some canned corn as well.
Using frozen green beans is a great idea!
heather (delicious not gorgeous)
yum! i just bought some canned beans at the grocery store, and was wondering what to do with them (; the only thing i’d probably change is using frozen green beans; i feel like they’re so much fresher, and they’re just as easy to deal with compared to canned!