I did the Costco run the other day and picked up some tri tip steaks. Froze some for later and cut some up for kebabs that night. You can marinade the cubed meat in bags or put them on the skewers with the tomato and marinade both the meat and tomatoes together.
Beef and Tomato Kebabs
- 1 1/2 pounds tri-tip steak, sirloin, rib-eye, or tenderloin
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs mustard preferably Dijon or some other grainy type
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef into cubes. Wash the cherry tomatoes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the marinade. Pour the marinade over the skewers or just the meat cubes, whichever you prefer. Try to marinate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Barbecue over high heat, turning occasionally, until done, typically 1-2 minutes per side.