Tonight we had my nephew join us for dinner so I did a die-hard vegetarian dinner. It’s a nice challenge because otherwise it’s too easy to slip into old habits.
The menu was:
All the other recipes are posted previously so I linked to them.
Cucumber Salad with Soy Sauce, Ginger and Garlic
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbs diced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Scoop the seeds out of the cucumber and slice. Put the slices in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar and salt, mix, then chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Drain the cucumber slices and squeeze any excess liquid. Pour the dressing over and serve.