I thought this crockpot macaroni and cheese would be a great way to have a hot kid-friendly dish at a large party. Then I noticed how many adults were dipping into it, too!
I was skeptical the first time I made this, thinking it would get runny and watery and that the pasta would just fall apart. I was quite pleasantly surprised that it holds together and tastes great! In fact, this is now my oldest daughter’s favorite version of macaroni and cheese.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 13- oz cans evaporated milk fat free if you’d like
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbs melted butter
- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese or American or a combo, divided
- Cook and drain the macaroni.
- Turn the Crockpot on low. Add the cooked and drained macaroni, the two different milks, salt, melted butter and all but 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together, then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Cover and cook 2-4 hours.
- Check a bit before your party and if there’s too much liquid on the bottom, stir it together.