This easy alfredo sauce is good on plain pasta, raviolis or as part of a shrimp and pasta dish or vegetable and pasta.
Easy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of pepper white is best!
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan plus more at the table
- Melt the butter. Stir in the cream cheese while stirring with a wire whisk. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly. Bring just to a very low simmer and cook a few minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg and pepper. Add the Parmesan, stirring until melted.
- Cover and let sit until your pasta is done. This sauce is a bit runny but good.