I had signed up to bring a side dish to a neighborhood potluck last night, but events conspired against me and it was suddenly an hour before the party and I hadn’t figured out what I was bringing–nor did I have time to run to the store. I scanned the pantry, scanned a few cookbooks, and put this together from a few different sources. It came out great!
Potluck Bean and Rice Salad
This is great for potlucks and buffets as it can sit out at room temperature.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 14-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-oz can corn, drained or a cup or two of frozen corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil fresh would be better
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything up and chill until ready to serve.
People! Don’t you ever cook like this!!!