I got this recipe from a cooking forum and know I will be making it many times! It goes together very quickly and tastes fantastic. What else could you ask for? It’s not very photogenic but it tastes so good you won’t care.
3-4 cups of sliced rhubarb are tossed with brown and white sugar, then dotted with butter and cinnamon is sprinkled on top. I did this right in the 8×8 pan. Mix up the batter of buttermilk, butter, egg, flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda, pour and spread it over the rhubarb, then bake.
You can flip this over onto a serving dish so the fruit is on top, hence the upside down part of the name. I just leave it in the pan and dish it out, which isn’t as pretty but is easier to cover and keep a few days.
Rhubarb Upsidedown Cake
- 3- 4 Cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soda
- Combine the sliced rhubarb and sugars in an 8×8 pan and toss together.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix egg, sugar, butter, buttermilk, flour, salt and baking soda together and pour over rhubarb
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Macy Brown From MakeTheBread
This is an amazing…and it sound sooo delish..as well…i will tying to making this in few days later…Thanks for sharing….!