I didn’t measure this but am recording the “idea” so I can fine tune the measurements later.
- a few chugs of soy sauce
- a few splashes of sesame oil
- some crushed garlic (a few teaspoons)
- some sesame seeds (a few spoonfuls)
- some lime juice (I emptied the bottle, maybe 1/4 cup)
- some brown sugar (2 spoonfuls)
- some ginger (would have used fresh if I had some but I used dried)
- black pepper
I marinated the steaks overnight due to a change in plans at the last minute. Actually, I bought a max pack at the grocery since they were on sale, so I marinated more than we needed for one night, then frozen the rest in the marinade for another night.
PS: This was good! The next day I took the leftover steak and sliced it into thin strips and made a version of Mongolian Beef with it. I just modified the recipe so that I quickly heated the strips of steak rather than needing to cook them. That was a great way to use leftovers in a totally different tasting dinner.
This sounds delicious! Definately trying it!
That sounds like a wonderful marinade. Did it taste as good as you thought it would?