Sweet, salty and crunchy. One of my favorite combinations. Last night I added some sliced radishes from the garden to this broccoli and cauliflower salad. The broccoli was all from the garden too. I love this time of year!
I’ve made this with and without bacon. I like the taste of the bacon but it’s reasonably good without it if you want to cut down on the fat. I’ve never made it with hard boiled eggs. Last night I almost added raisins for some reason, although it is plenty sweet.
Somehow having all these vegetables made me feel less guilty for barbecuing hot dogs for dinner!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped optional, I left this out
- 1 cup mayonnaise I use low-fat
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Layer the broccoli, cauliflower, Cheddar cheese, bacon, and egg in a bowl. Mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. Ladle over the salad and serve.