For a change, I made these Rice Cooker Red Beans and Coconut Rice rather than making it on the stove. I was making a shrimp dish that had coconut milk in it as well so I measured out what I needed for the shrimp, then used the rest of the can in the rice dish, topping it off with some water so I had enough liquid.
If you don’t have a rice cooker, just cook it all in a pot with a lid for about 25 minutes on a very low simmer.
Rice Cooker Red Beans and Coconut Rice
- 2 rice cooker cups of white rice
- enough coconut milk and water to go up the line on the rice cooker pot
- 1 15-oz can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Follow your rice cooker instructions for plain rice, substituting coconut milk for as much of the water as you'd like.
- The beans will all be on top when it's done. Stir well before serving.