I got this recipe for Shrimp in Coconut Sauce from Cooking Light many years ago. I like to serve red beans and coconut rice with these shrimp but plain rice or noodles would be good too.
I usually serve some simple green vegetable like steamed snow peas with this. If your rice cooker has a steamer basket you can steam a vegetable while the rice is cooking.
Shrimp in Coconut Sauce
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the shrimp
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, then add the shrimp and cook two minutes, stirring.
- Add the green onion and red pepper flakes and cook another minute, stirring.
- Add the coconut milk mixture and bring to a boil, then reduce heat so the sauce is just at a simmer, stirring. Cook another minute, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.