As long as you’re cooking, cook a roast big enough for several meals. The first night, you might do a normal potatoes and gravy kind of thing. Save some of the “juices” for another night and set aside the meat you don’t want to get eaten that first night before you set the table. Out of sight is out of mind.
- Save some slices and have French Dip Sandwiches one night. (If you’re going to freeze the leftovers, freeze them in some juice so they don’t get dry.)
- Shred the leftover beef and make enchiladas or enchiladas. Use your stand mixer to shred the beef quickly.
- Mince up the leftovers and cook with some potatoes, onion, and leftover gravy for hash.
- Do a stir fry, adding the meat at the end because it’s already cooked. Here’s an easy recipe for Broccoli and Beef Stir Fry.
- Make some fried rice with various vegetables and the leftover meat.
- Make a pot pie or shepherd’s pie and chop the meat very finely instead of using ground beef.
- Make beef stroganoff.
Leave a Reply