This is one of those dishes I’ve seen mentioned for years but just never thought to try it. My kids looked at it and said “lima beans? Hmmm….” Then they tasted it and said “This is actually good!” I halved the original recipe because I didn’t want leftovers just in case we didn’t like it, but it’s easier to make the whole recipe if you buy 10 ounce frozen packages of corn and lima beans.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels
- 1 green onion, chopped optional
- 1 Tbs butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to boil in a saucepan. Add the lima beans and corn, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or so, until the vegetables are tender.
- Drain the corn and lima beans and put in a bowl. Add the green onion, butter, salt, and pepper and mix well.
I left the green onion out of my kids’ servings but liked it in my own.