Lunches at home get boring. Leftover this and leftover that. But I have found that an inexpensive George Foreman Grill can do wonders to perk up leftovers by turning them into a nice grilled sandwich like this Grilled Turkey, Chutney and Avocado Sandwich.
The possibilities are almost endless once you start scrounging through the refrigerator. The other day I spotted a mostly empty jar of chutney, probably left over from this delicious chicken curry recipe. That got me thinking of a turkey sandwich somehow and I spotted some leftover sliced havarti cheese.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 dab of mango chutney, spread on one piece of bread
- Dijon mustard, spread on the other piece of bread
- a few thin slices of turkey
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1/3 of an avocado spread across the top
Butter the tops of the bread and grill a few minutes in the grill. Of course, you could also just make it however you normally make grilled cheese sandwiches.
Try a Cuban Roast Pork sandwich next time. Yummy.