I am growing the most fantastic cucumbers this year. I bought the starts from the local nursery so I’m not sure what variety these are but I remember that they are a Japanese variety. They are at least a foot long and not too full of seeds. Really fantastic. I did seed the one I used for the salad tonight as it was a bit overgrown but if I stay on top of them, the seeds are very fine and small.
Cucumbers with Sour Cream or Yogurt
- 1 to 1.5 pounds of cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 2 Tbs lemon juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or parsley I used parsley but sprinkled some dried dill as well
- Peel the cucumbers. If your cucumbers are seedy, cut them in half lengthwise and then scrape the seeds out with a teaspoon. Slice thinly.
- Mix the sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne and salt and pepper.
- Toss the sour cream dressing with the sliced cucumbers and chill for an hour or two or serve right away.
Other favorite cucumber recipes: