This Quick Beef and Rice is one of the easiest, quickest kid-friendly recipes around. It’s good easy comfort food and goes together quickly. Serve with some vegetables on the side, cooked carrots or a bowl of vegetable soup.
If you don’t have onion soup mix, you can substitute an onion and some beef bouillon or broth.
If you don’t have, or don’t like, canned cream soup make your own version.
Quick Beef and Rice
A one skillet simple dish of ground meat and rice.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 cups rice
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 15- oz. can cream of mushroom soup or make your own
- Brown the ground meat and drain if necessary. Add soup mix, rice, soup, and water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, till rice is done.
- Options: You can leave out the cream of soup if you don't have it or just make a simple white sauce.
- If you don't have any onion soup mix, sauté an onion and add 2 tsp. beef bouillon instead.
Leave a Reply