This was labeled as “Boston Market Spicy Rice” but was not very spicy. I did leave out the diced pimientos the original recipe called for but they would hardly add much spice! This was quite good though. The addition of the orzo made for a nice change in texture from plain rice. Definitely a hit with the kids.
Orzo with Rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil might try 1/8 next time
- 1/4 cup orzo
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 Tbs finely chopped pimento didn't have any, so left it out of mine
- 1/2 tsp celery leaf flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- If you want, just dump everything but the salt and pepper in a saucepan, bring to a boil, stir, put the cover on and lower the heat to a very low simmer. (He even says turn the heat off, and then let sit for 15 minutes, fluffing with a fork every 5 minutes.) Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- What I did: heat the oil in a rice cooker and saute the rice and orzo,t then add the rest of the ingredients and restart the rice cooker.