We like this cauliflower cheese so much I decided to try Jamie Oliver’s cauliflower cheese soup to go with our sandwiches last night.
I used turkey broth I had in the freezer instead of chicken broth but otherwise stuck to the recipe except I didn’t top the soup with bacon as suggested because our sandwiches had cold cuts and that seemed like enough meat. Mine came out much more orange than his. Leftovers were great for lunch today with a small salad.
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 onions peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 8 cups cauliflower cut in 1/2" slices
- 6 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring your broth to a boil in a saucepan or heat to a near-boil in the microwave, then set aside.
- Add the oil to a stockpot over medium heat, then add all the chopped vegetables. Cook, slightly covered, stirring now and then, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth to the vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 more minutes with the lid on, until the vegetables are soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in the grated cheese and mustard. Taste and add salt and pepper as you like