I like mixing up my own salad dressings, playing with different vinegars or lemon juice, adding fresh or dried herbs. I just shake up the dressings in a small jar and keep that in the fridge so I can use the leftovers on lunch salads during the week. Most vinaigrette also makes a great marinade.
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a pinch of salt
- a bit of fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp of Dijon
- Put everything in a small glass bottle and shake it up. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and shake again before using.
Here’s are some fun salad dressings to try:
- Thai-inspired Dressing
- Creamy Salad Dressing from Jacques Pepin
- Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing